Welcome to HobNob!
The HobNob App enables people to connect with each other over common shared experiences, the things they have in common, believe, value, and enjoy. These Terms govern your use of the HobNob App, its features, technology, and software we offer (the HobNob App), and are provided to you by HobNob LLC.
We don’t charge you to use HobNob. Instead, businesses and organizations pay us or our ad partner distribution networks to show you ads for their products and services. By using HobNob, you agree that we can show you ads that we think will be relevant to you and your interests. We use your personal data to help determine which ads to show you.
We don’t sell your personal data to advertisers, and we don’t share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with advertisers unless you give us specific permission. Instead, advertisers can tell us things like the kind of audience they want to see their ads, and we show those ads to people who may be interested. We provide advertisers and their ad buying networks with reports about the performance of their ads that help them understand how people are interacting with their content. See Section 2 below to learn more.
1. The services we provide
Our mission is to help facilitate real world socialization between people by getting our users to “look up” from their devices and connect to the people they encounter in real life. To help advance this mission, we provide the HobNob App to you:
Provide a personalized experience for you:
Your experience with HobNob is unlike anyone else’s: from the criteria you choose to share about yourself to the people you encounter. We use the data we have – for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products – to personalize your experience.
Connect you with people and organizations you meet.
We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others that matter to you as you encounter one and other. We use the data we have to make introductions for you and others – for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, shows to watch, and people you may want to become friends with. Stronger ties make for better communities, and we believe our app is most useful when people are connected to people, groups, and organizations they care about.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself with HobNob and to communicate with friends, family, and others about what matters to you – for example, sharing status updates, interests, hobbies, exchanging contact details, and connecting through online social media or adding content to your profile. We help you discover content, products, and services that may interest you:
We show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products, and services that are offered by the many businesses and organizations that use HobNob.
People will only use HobNob if they feel safe. We use technical systems to protect our users profiles, detect misuse of our App, block harmful conduct towards others. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, removing or restricting access to certain features, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement. We share data with when we detect misuse or harmful conduct by someone using one of our Products.
Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone:
We use and develop technologies – so that people can use our App safely regardless of physical ability or geographic location. We develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and the integrity of our App.
Research ways to make our services better:
We engage in research to develop, test, and improve our App. This includes analyzing the data we have about our users and understanding how people use our App, for example by conducting surveys and testing and troubleshooting new features. We use data to support developing and improving our App and business model, Advertising, and to provide consistent and seamless experience for all users.
Our App helps you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others that are important to you. We design our App so that your experience is consistent and seamless. For example, we use data about the people you engage with through HobNob to make it easier for you to connect with them through online social media platforms.
Enable global access to our services:
To operate our global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centers and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by HobNob LLC or its affiliates.
2. How our services are funded
Instead of paying to use HobNob and the premium features we offer, by using the HobNob App covered by these Terms, you agree that we can show you ads that businesses and organizations pay us to promote on and off the HobNob App. We use your personal data, such as information about your activity and interests, to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
Protecting people’s privacy is central to how we’ve designed our ad system. This means that we can show you relevant and useful ads without telling advertisers who you are. We don’t sell your personal data. We allow advertisers to tell us or our advertising distribution partners things like their business goal, and the kind of audience they want to see their ads (for example, people between the age of 18-35 who like cycling). We then show their ad to people who might be interested.
We also provide advertisers with reports about the performance of their ads to help them understand how people are interacting with their content on and off HobNob App. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a man between the ages of 55 and 75 who lives in New York and has a hobby of woodworking) to help them better understand their audience. We don’t share information that directly identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us specific permission.
3. Your commitments to HobNob and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use the HobNob App.
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use it for personal purposes.
- Not share your password, give access to your HobNob App account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make HobNob App broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use HobNob if:
- You are under 13 years old.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We’ve previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our services, or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share on the HobNob App.
We want people to use the HobNob App to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our App to do or share anything:
- That violates these Terms and policies that apply to your use of HobNob.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent.
- That infringes or violates someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our App.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our Community Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of our app.; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you report conduct that you believe violates your rights or our terms and policies.
We also can remove or restrict access to your account if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to HobNob.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use information you enter or share through HobNob:
- Nothing in these terms takes away the rights you have. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our App’s services as described in Section 1 above.
Specifically, if you share or create profile content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and HobNob App settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo of yourself, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other HobNob App that you use. This license will end when your content or account is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content individually or all at once by uninstalling the HobNob App.
When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
- your content has been used by others (ie: within your personal digital card) in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it from their device (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our App or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken with HobNob’s App next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our App, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or have liked a Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on HobNob.
- Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our App software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use our app covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available to our users (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you share on HobNob App), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks as expressly permitted within our app or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
4. Additional provisions
1. Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve the HobNob App and develop new features to make our App better for you. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use the HobNob App.
We hope that you will continue using the HobNob App, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the HobNob App user community, you can close your account at any time.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want the HobNob App to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share information about themselves, their activities and beliefs.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular our Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s rights, safety, and security or where we are required to do so for legal reasons. If HobNob app users register complains about your behavior toward them or your use of the HobNob app, or if multiple HobNob users block you from seeing their profile within the same 30 day period you account may be suspended or deactivated for security purposes. You have the right to appeal this in writing to the HobNob AP administrator via email@example.com.
Where we take such action we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems orApps; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
You can learn more about what you can do if your account has been disabled and how to contact us if you think we have disabled your account by mistake on the HobNob.world website under support.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5.
3. Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best App we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses it. Our App, however, is provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that it will always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our HobNob Ap. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the The HobNob App, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms or the HobNob App will not exceed the greater of $67.00 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the HobNob App (“claim”), you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Fairfield County Connecticut or a state court located in Connecticut. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of Connecticut will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and HobNob LLC. regarding your use of our App.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialized. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialized.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.